- Java Programming Language
- Lambda Expressions, a new language feature, has been introduced in this release. They enable you to treat functionality as a method argument, or code as data. Lambda expressions let you express instances of single-method interfaces (referred to as functional interfaces) more compactly.
- Method references provide easy-to-read lambda expressions for methods that already have a name.
- Default methods enable new functionality to be added to the interfaces of libraries and ensure binary compatibility with code written for older versions of those interfaces.
- Repeating Annotations provide the ability to apply the same annotation type more than once to the same declaration or type use.
- Type Annotations provide the ability to apply an annotation anywhere a type is used, not just on a declaration. Used with a pluggable type system, this feature enables improved type checking of your code.
- Improved type inference.
- Method parameter reflection.
New updates in jdk 1.8
|CANDID INDUSTRIAL TRAINING -- CHENNAI|
|Corporate Training for Experienced Candidate|
|Struts | Hibernate | Spring | Java / J2EE|
|SOAP | RestFull | Design Pattern | more...|
| Ph: +91 72000 69003 |
137b, 2nd st, shanthi nagar, Chrompet, Chennai -600044
Filed in: Core Java Tutorial